Cette page est destinée à la communauté de recherche internationale. This is a webpage that is used for research and helping students with programming, many of them international so the webpage is in English. I am Professor of Economics at HEC Montreal and Research Associate at the NBER. Also visit my research chair CREEi and RSI, an Institute I lead, for featured work, models and events.
Ma recherche - The stuff I work on
If you want a list of publications and my latest CV, go to curriculum vitae or download in pdf. Please refer to my IDEAS webpage for recent working papers. My google citation profile is here.
Enseignement - Teaching
Mes notes de cours sont disponibles ici-bas pour les cours de microéconomie au BAA ainsi que le cours d’économie comportementale au doctorat. All my class notes for Intermediate Micro and Behavioral Economics and Finance are available at Politeco.ca
Current Working Papers
I have currently these working papers submitted for publication and available to present at seminars, workshop and conferences.
- Gemmo, I., P.-C. Michaud and O.S. Mitchell (2023) Financial Education and Portfolio Choice: Efficiency and Selection, draft coming soon. Link to Questionnaire
- Michaud, P.-C. and P. St-Amour (2023): Longevity, Health and Housing Risks Management in Retirement, NBER working paper 31038.
- Glenzer, F., P.-C. Michaud and S. Staubli (2023) Frames, Incentives, and Education: Effectiveness of Interventions to Delay Public Pension Claiming, NBER working paper 30938.
- d’Astous, P., I. Gemmo and P.-C. Michaud (2022) The Quality of Financial Advice: What Influences Client Recommendations?, NBER working paper 30205.
Publications représentatives - Representative Publications
Fonseca, R., F. Langot, P.-C. Michaud and T. Sopraseuth (forthcoming): Understanding Cross-country Differences in Health Status and Expenditures: Health Prices Matter, Journal of Political Economy, Codes
- Boyer, M., P. D’Astous and P.-C. Michaud (2021): Tax-Preferred Savings Vehicles: Can Financial Education Improve Asset Location Decisions?, Review of Economics and Statistics. Codes
Fonseca, R., P.-C. Michaud, T. Galama and A. Kapteyn (2021). Accounting for the Rise of Health Spending and Longevity, Journal of European Economic Association. Codes
Boyer, M., P. De Donder, C. Fluet, M.-L. Leroux and P.-C. Michaud (2020). Long-Term Care Insurance: Information Frictions and Selection, American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, 12:3, pp. 134-169. Codes
Lusardi, A., P.-C. Michaud and O.S. Mitchell (2017): Optimal Financial Knowledge and Wealth Inequality, Journal of Political Economy 125:2, pp.431-477. Codes
- Dionne, G., P.-C. Michaud and M. Dahchour (2013): Separating Moral Hazard from Adverse Selection in Automobile Insurance: Longitudinal Evidence from France, Journal of the European Economic Association 11:4, pp.897–917 .
Notes - Posts